You can detach baselines and baseline groups from objects to which the baselines or baseline groups are directly attached. Because vSphere objects can have inherited properties, you might have to select the container object where the baseline or baseline group is attached and then detach it from the container object.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have the Attach Baseline privilege.
- Start the vSphere Web Client, and log in to the vCenter Server system.
- Select an appropriate object in the vSphere Web Client object navigator.
- Click the Monitor tab, and click Update Manager.
- Remove a baseline or a baseline group that you no longer need.
- To remove a baseline, select the baseline and click Detach on the upper left corner of the Attached Baselines pane.
- To remove a baseline group, select the baseline group from the Attached Baseline Groups drop-down menu, and click Detach at the upper right corner of the Attached Baseline Groups drop-down menu.
- In the Detach Baseline Group dialog box, select the entities that you want to detach the baseline or the baseline group from.
- Click OK.
The baseline or baseline group that you detach is no longer listed in the Attached Baselines pane or the Attached Baseline Groups drop-down menu.