Scan results provide information about the degree of compliance with attached baselines and baseline groups. You can view information about individual vSphere objects and about the patches, extensions, and upgrades included in a baseline or a baseline group.
About this task
The following information is included in the scan results:
The last time that a scan was completed at this level.
The total number of noncompliant, incompatible, unknown, and compliant updates.
For each baseline or baseline group, the number of virtual machines, appliances, or hosts that are applicable, noncompliant, incompatible, unknown, or compliant.
For each baseline or baseline group, the number of updates that are applicable to particular virtual machines, appliances, or hosts.
- Connect the vSphere Client to a vCenter Server system with which Update Manager is registered and select in the navigation bar.
- Select the type of object for which you want to view scan results.
For example, Hosts and Clusters or VMs and Templates.
- Select an individual object from the inventory, such as a virtual machine, virtual appliance, or host.
- Click the Update Manager tab.
- Select a baseline group or baseline.
Select All Groups and Independent Baselines in the Attached Baseline Groups pane and All in the Attached Baselines pane to view the overall compliance of all attached baselines and baseline groups.
- In the Compliance pane, select the All Applicable compliance status to view the overall compliance status of the selected object.
The selected object together with the number of patches, upgrades, and extensions (if the selected object is a host) appear in the bottom pane of the Update Manager tab.
- Click a number link in the bottom pane of the Update Manager tab to see more details about updates.
The link indicates the number of patches in the selected compliance state and opens the Patch Details window.
The link indicates the number of upgrades in the selected compliance state and opens the Upgrade Details window.
The link indicates the number of extensions in the selected compliance state and opens the Extension Details window.
The link is available only if the upgrade in the baseline is applicable to the selected virtual appliance. The link opens the Virtual Appliance Change Log Details window.