Baselines are based on metadata that Update Manager downloads from the VMware and third-party Web sites.
Updates for virtual appliances and ESX/ESXi hosts might be unavailable.
- Misconfigured Web server proxy.
- Third-party servers are unavailable.
- VMware update service is unavailable.
- Poor network connectivity.
- Check the connectivity settings. For more information, see Change the Update Manager Network Settings.
- Check the third-party Web sites to determine whether they are available.
- Check the VMware Web site (http://www.vmware.com) to determine whether it is available.
- Check whether other applications that use networking are functioning as expected. Consult your network administrator to best assess whether the network is working as expected.