When you install Update Manager, you can select the location for storing the downloaded patches and upgrade binaries. To change the location after installation, you must manually edit the vci-integrity.xml file.
- Log in as an administrator to the machine on which the Update Manager server is installed.
- Stop the Update Manager service.
- Right-click My Computer and click Manage.
- In the left pane, expand Services and Applications and click Services.
- In the right pane, right-click VMware vSphere Update Manager Service and click Stop.
- Navigate to the Update Manager installation directory and locate the vci-integrity.xml file.
The default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\Update Manager.
- Create a backup copy of this file in case you need to revert to the previous configuration.
- Edit the file by changing the following fields:
The default patch download location is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware Update Manager\Data\.
The directory path must end with
- Save the file in UTF-8 format, replacing the existing file.
- Copy the contents from the old patchstore directory to the new folder.
- Start the Update Manager service by right-clicking VMware vSphere Update Manager Service in the Computer Management window and selecting Start.