You can detach baselines and baseline groups from objects to which the baselines or baseline groups were directly attached. Because vSphere objects can have inherited properties, you might have to select the container object where the baseline or baseline group is attached and then detach it from the container object.
About this task
You can detach baselines and baseline group from objects from the Update Manager Client Compliance view.
Ensure that you have the Attach Baseline privilege.
- Connect the vSphere Client to a vCenter Server system with which Update Manager is registered and select .
- Select the type of object that you want to detach the baseline or group from.
For example, Hosts and Clusters or VMs and Templates.
- Select the object in the inventory, and click the Update Manager tab.
If your vCenter Server system is part of a connected group in vCenter Linked Mode, the Update Manager tab is available only for the vCenter Server systems with which an Update Manager instance is registered.
- Right-click the baseline or baseline group to remove and select Detach Baseline or Detach Baseline Group.
- Select the inventory objects from which you want to detach the baseline or baseline group and click Detach.
The baseline or baseline group you detach remains in the Compliance view until you detach it from all objects.
The baseline or baseline group that you detach is no longer listed in the Attached Baselines or Attached Baseline Groups pane.