When you migrate from a Windows Server 2003 host to a host that is supported for vCenter Single Sign-On 5.5, you can also migrate the vCenter Server database and SSL certificates.
- If the VMware VirtualCenter Server service on the source host is running, stop it.
- In the Windows Administrative Tools control panel, double-click Services.
- Right-click VMware VirtualCenter Server and select Stop.
- Copy the SSL certificates from the VMware VirtualCenter\SSL folder of the source machine.
The folder is located at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\SSL.
- Create the following SSL folder on the host machine where you will install the new instance of vCenter Server: C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMwareVirtualCenter\SSL.
- Paste the copied certificates in the folder C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\SSL.
- Create a 64-bit DSN that points to the legacy vCenter Server database and database user.