You can associate workflows with a vSphere object type to run the workflows directly on the inventory objects of that type.
About this task
Workflows associated with inventory object types are listed in the pop-up menu that appears when you right-click an inventory object, and in the Actions menu.
Verify that you have configured at least one Orchestrator server to work with the same Single Sign-On instance to which both the vCenter Server and vSphere Web Client are pointing. You must also ensure that Orchestrator is registered as a vCenter Server extension. You register Orchestrator as a vCenter Server extension when you specify a user (by providing the user name and password), who has the privileges to manage vCenter Server extensions. For more information, see Installing and Configuring VMware vCenter Orchestrator.
- In the object navigator, click vCenter Orchestrator.
- Click the Manage tab.
- Click the Context Actions subtab.
- Click the Add icon to add a new workflow.
- Select the Orchestrator server from the vCO Servers tree, and navigate through the workflow library to find the workflow to add.
- Click Add.
The workflow appears in the list of selected workflows on the right.
- (Optional) Enable multi-selection.
Multi-selection allows you to select multiple vSphere objects of the same type when you run the workflow.
- Under Available types, select the vSphere object types with which you want to associate the workflow.
- Click OK.