A quick search searches all types of objects for the specified search term in the name or other properties of the object.
- Type the search term in the search box at the top right of the client window.
Multiple search terms in a quick or simple search are treated as if they are connected by ORs. For example, searching for example machine finds all objects with names containing either "example" or "machine".
The search results appear below the search box as you type. The number of items displayed is limited to 10.
- (Optional) Click any item in the search results to display that item in the inventory.
- (Optional) To see more search results or more details about the search results, click Show All Results.
- (Optional) Select an object in the results table to see additional information about the object.
- (Optional) Double-click any item in the search results to display that item in the inventory.
The search results are listed in a table. If differing types of objects are found, the table contains tabs for each type of object. For example, if a search finds hosts and datastores, the following tabs appear: Datastore, showing only datastore results and Host, showing only host results.