After you have created tags, you can apply them as metadata to objects in the vSphere Web Client inventory.
Required privilege:on the root vCenter Server instance.
- Browse to the object in the vSphere Web Client inventory.
- Click the Manage tab and click Tags.
- Click the Assign Tag icon ().
- (Optional) From the Categories drop-down menu, select a category to limit the tags displayed to ones from that category.
- Select a tag from the list and click OK.
That tag is assigned to the object. The assigned tags for each object appear in the list on the Tags tab.