To assign license keys to assets, you must add the keys to the license inventory of the vCenter Server system where the assets reside. You can add multiple license keys of different products at the same time.
Before you begin
- In the vSphere Web Client, select Administration, and under Licensing, select Licenses.
- From the vCenter Server drop-down menu, select the vCenter Server system where you want to add the license keys.
If you select a vCenter Server system that is part of a Linked Mode group, the license keys are added to the shared license inventory of the group.
- Select the License Keys tab.
- Click the Add License Keys (+) icon.
- In the text area of the Add License Keys dialog box, enter license keys one per line.
You can enter a list of keys in one operation.
- (Optional) : Label the license keys.
- Click Next.
If you enter any invalid license keys, you receive an error message that lists only the invalid keys. You can either delete the invalid keys, or correct them.
- In the Ready to complete page, review the license keys to add and click Finish.
The license keys are added to the license inventory of the vCenter Server system that you selected. If the vCenter Server system is in a Linked Mode group, the license keys are added to the shared inventory of the Linked Mode group.
What to do next
Assign the license keys to hosts, vCenter Server systems, solutions, or clusters with enabled Virtual SAN. You should not keep unassigned license keys in the license inventory of vCenter Server.