When you opt into the Customer Experience Improvement Program (Program), VMware will receive anonymous information from the API of your vCenter Server and ESXi hosts on a weekly basis through an encrypted HTTPS connection .
Categories of Information That VMware Receives
Information that VMware receives through the Program contains the following categories:
- Information about your ESXi host configuration, including but not limited to datastores, networking, memory, and CPU for your ESXi hosts.
- Information about your registered vCenter Server extensions. For details about the data, see the description of the Extension data object in the vSphere API/SDK Documentation.
- Information about your vCenter Server. For details about the data, see the description of the AboutInfo data object in the vSphere API/SDK Documentation.
- Performance metrics about the Program, including but not limited to time spent on collecting data from your vCenter Server and the ESXi hosts it manages. In addition, this includes information on the version and Universally Unique Identifier of the ESXi hosts.
- %ProgramFiles%\VMware\Infrastructure\ tomcat\temp\vmware-datacollector for vCenter Server on Windows
- /var/log/vmware/vpx/tomcat/temp/vmware-datacollector for vCenter Server Appliance
Collection sets that are older than a week are deleted when the new weekly data collection set is created.