You might want to view details about the use and capacity of each license key that is assigned to an asset.
- In the vSphere Web Client, select Administration, and under Licensing select License Reports.
- From the vCenter Server drop-down menu, select the vCenter Server system for which you want to generate license use data.
When you select a vCenter Server system that is part of a Linked Mode group, license use data is aggregated for the entire Linked Mode group.
- (Optional) To generate the license use report for a vCenter Server system that is part of a Linked Mode group, select Show data only for the selected vCenter Server.
- From the Time period drop-down menu, select the time period for which you want to view usage details for a license key.
- If you select a custom time period, specify the start and end dates, and click Recalculate.
- To view the license keys that are associated with a product, select the product from the Products Chart pane.
- To view the details for a license key, select the key from the Product Details pane.
The details for a license key provide information about the license key assignment and use for a vCenter Server system or a Linked Mode group during the selected time period.
|License Key Details||Description|
|Asset||Assets that are assigned with the license key over the selected period.|
|Licenses used (selected period)||Number of units from the license key capacity that the asset has used over the selected period. The value is aggregated from the data in the license usage snapshots that are available in the vCenter Server database for the selected period. The License Usage History service in every vCenter Server system collects license use snapshots every hour.|
|Licenses used (today)||Amount of units from the license capacity that the asset uses on the current date.|