Configure the vCenter Server Appliance to join the Active Directory domain.
- Log in to the vCenter Server Appliance Web console as root.
- Select the vCenter Server tab, and then selectt he Authentication sub-tab.
- Enable the Active Directory Enabled checkbox.
- Enter the Active Directory domain name.
- Enter the credentials of a user with administrative privileges on the Active Directory domain. This user must have permissions to join the domain.
After joining the domain, the vCenter Server Apliance can issue requests for users and groups on the domain.