You can use the navigator to browse and select objects in the vSphere Web Client inventory as an alternative to the hierarchical inventory tree.
About this task
Unlike the inventory tree, which presents hierarchical arrangements of parent and child objects arranged in the Hosts and Clusters, VMs and Templates, Storage, and Networking views, the navigator presents a graph-based view of the inventory, which allows you to navigate from an object to its related objects, regardless of type.
- From the vSphere Web Client Home, click vCenter.
- Under Inventory Lists, click one of the object categories to view objects of that type.
For example, click Hosts to view hosts in the vSphere Web Client inventory.
- Click an object in the list once to display information about the object in the center pane of the vSphere Web Client.
- (Optional) : Click the object again to open it.
Opening an object brings it to the top of the navigator and displays related object categories beneath it.
For example, opening a host allows you to see the child resource pools, virtual machines, vApps, datastores, standard networks, distributed switches, and distributed port groups associated with this host.
- Click one of the tabs in the center pane to access additional information and actions.
View introductory information and access basic actions.
View basic status and configuration for an object.
View alarms, performance data, resource allocation, events, and other status information for an object.
Configure settings, alarm definitions, tags, and permissions.
View related objects.