You can choose to participate in the Customer Experience Improvement Program (Program), or unsubscribe from the Program at any time.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the vCenter Server instance.
- Select the Manage tab.
- On the Settings tab, click General.
- Click Edit.
- Select Customer Experience Improvement Program.
- Select Enable to activate the Program.
- Deselect Enable to deactivate the Program.
- Click OK.
When you enable the Program, the vCenter Server attempts to establish a connection to https://vmware.com and to automatically discover any proxy server that you might have configured for your vCenter Server.
If establishing connectivity fails, the Program logs a message and does not collect any data. You can see the message in the following log files:
- %ProgramData%\VMware\VMware virtualcenter\logs\phonehome.log for vCenter Server on Windows
- /var/log/vmware/phonehome/phonehome.log for vCenter Server Appliance.