You can change the order in which virtual machines and nested vApps within a vApp start up and shut down. You can also specify delays and actions performed at startup and shutdown.
Before you begin
Required privilege:on the vApp.
- Navigate to a vApp in the inventory and click Edit vApp Settings.
- Click the Start Order triangle to expand the start order options.
- Select a virtual machine and click the up or down arrow to move the virtual machine in the startup order; the reverse order is used for shutdown.
Virtual machines and vApps in the same group are started before the objects in the next group.
- (Optional) : For each virtual machine, select the startup action for the virtual machine.
The default is Power On. Select None to power on the virtual machine manually.
- (Optional) : Specify when the startup action is to happen
Enter a time delay in seconds for the startup action.
Select VMware Tools are ready to perform the startup action when VMware Tools has started.
- (Optional) : For each virtual machine, select the shutdown action for the virtual machine.
The default is Power Off. You can also select Guest Shutdown to shut down the guest and leave the virtual machine running, Suspend, or None.
- (Optional) : Enter a time delay in seconds for the shutdown action.
- Click OK.