The Client Integration Plug-in provides access to a virtual machine's console in the vSphere Web Client, and provides access to other vSphere infrastructure features. The Client Integration Plug-in also lets you log in to the vSphere Web Client by using Windows session credentials.
You use the Client Integration Plug-in to deploy OVF or OVA templates and transfer files with the datastore browser. You can also use the Client Integration Plug-in to connect virtual devices that reside on a client computer to a virtual machine.
Install the Client Integration Plug-in only once to enable all the functionality the plug-in delivers. You must close the Web browser before installing the plug-in.
If you install the Client Integration Plug-in from an Internet Explorer browser, you must first disable Protected Mode and enable pop-up windows on your Web browser. Internet Explorer identifies the Client Integration Plug-in as being on the Internet instead of on the local intranet. In such cases, the plug-in is not installed correctly because Protected Mode is enabled for the Internet.
For information about supported browsers and operating systems, see the vSphere Installation and Setup documentation.
Watch the video "Installing the Client Integration Plug-In" for information about the Client Integration Plug-In:
If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer, disable Protected Mode.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to a link to download the Client Integration Plug-in.
Option Description vSphere Web Client login page
- Open a Web browser and type the URL for the vSphere Web Client.
- At the bottom of the vSphere Web Client login page, click Download Client Integration Plug-in.
OVF deployment wizard
- Select a host in the inventory and select .
- Click Download Client Integration Plug-in.
- If the browser blocks the installation either by issuing certificate errors or by running a pop-up blocker, follow the Help instructions for your browser to resolve the problem.