You can add a vService dependency to a virtual machine or vApp. This dependency allows a virtual machine or vApp to request that a specific vService be available.
Before you begin
The virtual machine must be powered off before adding a dependency.
- Display the virtual machine or vApp in the inventory.
- Right-click the virtual machine or vApp and select Edit Settings.
- Click the Manage tab and click vServices.
- Click Add.
- In the New vService Dependency wizard, select the provider for this dependency and click Next.
- Enter the name and description for this dependency and click Next.
- If this dependency is required, select the check box.
Required dependencies must be bound before powering on.
- If this dependency should be bound to the provider immediately, select the Bind to provider immediately check box after the validation is complete.
If you choose to bind this dependency now, the validation result displays. If the validation fails, you cannot complete adding the dependency. Deselect the check box to proceed.
- Click Next.
- Review the options and click Finish to create the dependency.
The new dependency is added to the list of dependencies.