You can add a vService dependency to a virtual machine or vApp. This dependency allows a virtual machine or vApp to request that a specific vService be available.
The virtual machine must be powered off before adding a dependency.
- Display the virtual machine or vApp in the inventory.
- Under the Manage tab, click the vServices tab.
- Click Add.
The New vService Dependency opens.
- On the Select provider type wizard, select the provider for this dependency and click Next.
- On the Describe dependencypage, enter a name and description for this dependency and click Next.
- On the Bind dependency page, determine whether the dependency is required and whether to bind it to the provider immediately. Click Next.
Required dependencies must be bound before powering on.The Bind to provider immediately option requires validation of the binding. The validation result shows in the wizard pane. If the validation fails, you cannot continue. To finish creating the dependency, you must choose to bind the dependency to the provider later.
- On the Ready to complete page, review the options and click Finish to create the dependency.