To customize vSphere HA behavior, set advanced vSphere HA options.
Verify that you have cluster administrator privileges.
Because these options affect the functioning of vSphere HA, change them with caution.
- In the vSphere Web Client, browse to the vSphere HA cluster.
- Click the Manage tab and click Settings.
- Under Settings, select vSphere HA and click Edit.
- Expand Advanced Options.
- Click Add and type the name of the advanced option in the text box.
You can set the value of the option in the text box in the Value column.
- Repeat step 5 for each new option that you want to add and click OK.
The cluster uses the options that you added or modified.
What to do next
Once you have set an advanced vSphere HA option, it persists until you do one the following:
Using the vSphere Web Client, reset its value to the default value.
Manually edit or delete the option from the fdm.cfg file on all hosts in the cluster.