When you create a vSphere HA cluster or configure an existing cluster, you must configure settings that determine how the feature works.
In the vSphere Web Client, you can configure following the vSphere HA settings:
- Failure conditions and VM response
- Provide settings here for VM restart priority, Host isolation response, VM monitoring sensitivity, and VM Component Protection.
- Admission Control
- Enable or disable admission control for the vSphere HA cluster and choose a policy for how it is enforced.
- Datastore for Heartbeating
- Specify preferences for the datastores that vSphere HA uses for datastore heartbeating.
- Advanced Options
- Customize vSphere HA behavior by setting advanced options.
Note: You can check the status of vSphere HA configuration tasks on each of the hosts in the Tasks console of the vSphere Web Client.