You can access the license keys and features available in the vCenter Server license inventory from the Licensing page in the vSphere Client.
- Verify that you have the privilege.
- Ensure that the vSphere Client is connected to the vCenter Server system.
- In the vSphere Client, select
. You can view and manage the license keys available in the vCenter Server inventory from the Management tab.
- (Optional) Click Refresh.
- In the Management tab, select a sorting option for the license information.
Option Description Product Displays the available license keys listed by product. License key Displays the available license keys listed by license key. Asset Displays the available license keys listed by the asset to which they are assigned: host, vCenter Server, or solution.
The Management tab displays the available license keys listed by product, license key, or asset. You can right-click any of the listed items to add, assign, and remove license keys and copy license information to your clipboard.
What to do next
If you have a license key with zero assigned capacity, you can:
- Assign the license key to assets that require licensing.
- Remove the license key if the key is no longer required.
You should not keep unassigned license keys in the vCenter Server license inventory.