The feature set exposed by an EVC cluster corresponds to the feature set of a particular type of processor. Processor feature sets can be described by a set of feature flags that you can examine using the CPUID instruction.
You can view the CPUID feature flags currently exposed by the hosts in an EVC cluster using the Current CPUID Details dialog box.
- You must be connected to a vCenter Server system with the vSphere Client.
- Display the cluster in the inventory.
- Right-click the cluster and select Edit Settings.
- In the left panel, select VMware EVC.
- To view the CPUID feature flags currently enforced by EVC, click Current CPUID Details.
The Current CPUID Details dialog box displays the CPUID feature flags that EVC is enforcing for the hosts in this cluster. For more information on CPUID feature flags, see Intel Processor Identification and the CPUID Instruction (available from Intel), or CPUID Specification (available from AMD).