You can create a private VLAN for use on a vSphere distributed switch and its associated distributed ports.
Before you begin
Open a vSphere Client connection to a vCenter Server.
Verify that you have sufficient permissions to edit a distributed switch.
- Log in to the vSphere Client and select the Networking inventory view.
- Right-click the vSphere distributed switch in the inventory pane, and select Edit Settings.
- Select the Private VLAN tab.
- Under Primary Private VLAN ID, click [Enter a Private VLAN ID here], and enter the number of the primary private VLAN.
- Click anywhere in the dialog box, and then select the primary private VLAN that you just added.
The primary private VLAN you added appears under Secondary Private VLAN ID.
- For each new secondary private VLAN, click [Enter a Private VLAN ID here] under Secondary Private VLAN ID, and enter the number of the secondary private VLAN.
- Click anywhere in the dialog box, select the secondary private VLAN that you just added, and select either Isolated or Community for the port type.
- Click OK.