Memory hot add lets you add memory resources for a virtual machine while the machine is powered on.
- The virtual machine has a guest operating system that supports Memory hot add functionality.
- The virtual machine is using hardware version 7 or later.
- VMware Tools is installed.
- In the vSphere Client inventory, right-click the virtual machine and select Edit Settings.
- Click the Options tab and under Advanced, select Memory/CPU Hotplug.
- Enable or disable memory hot add.
- Enable memory hot add for this virtual machine.
- Disable memory hot add for this virtual machine.
- Click OK to save your changes.