You can migrate an existing virtual adapter from a vSphere standard switch to a vSphere distributed switch.
Before you begin
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
- Log in to the vSphere Client and select a host in the inventory pane.
- On the host Configuration tab, click Networking.
- Select the vSphere Distributed Switch view.
- Click Manage Virtual Adapters.
- Click Add.
- Select Migrate existing virtual network adapters and click Next.
- Select one or more virtual network adapters to migrate.
- For each selected adapter, choose a port group from the Select a port group drop-down menu.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.