You must configure a license to use vCenter Server. License keys are required for various vSphere components and features.
To configure licenses, the vSphere Client must be connected to a vCenter Server system.
- If necessary, select to display the vCenter Server Settings dialog box.
- If the vCenter Server system is part of a connected group, select the server you want to configure from the Current vCenter Server drop-down menu.
- In the vCenter License section, select the type of license key to assign to this vCenter Server.
- Select Assign an existing license key to this vCenter Server and select a license key from the Product list.
- Select Assign a new license key to this vCenter Server, click Enter Key, and enter a vCenter Server license key and an optional label for the key.
Note: To enter ESXi host license keys, select.