If you use the vCenter Server system to manage your hosts, group datastores into folders. This allows you to organize your datastores according to business practices and to assign the same permissions and alarms on the datastores in the group at one time.
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
- Log in to the vSphere Client.
- If necessary, create the datastores.
- In the Inventory panel, choose Datastores.
- Select the datacenter containing the datastores to group.
- In the shortcut menu, click the New Folder icon.
- Give the folder a descriptive name.
- Click and drag each datastore onto the folder.