Use traffic shaping policies to control the bandwidth and burst size on a port group.
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
- Log in to the vSphere Client and select a host in the inventory pane.
- On the host Configuration tab, click Networking.
- Choose the vSphere Standard Switch view and click Properties for the port group to edit.
- In the Properties dialog box, click the Ports tab.
- Select the port group item and click Edit.
- In the Properties dialog box for the port group, click the Traffic Shaping tab.
When traffic shaping is disabled, the options are dimmed.
Option Description Status If you enable the policy exception in the Status field, you are setting limits on the amount of networking bandwidth allocated for each virtual adapter associated with this particular port group. If you disable the policy, services have a free and clear connection to the physical network. Average Bandwidth A value measured over a particular period of time. Peak Bandwidth Limits the maximum bandwidth during a burst. It can never be smaller than the average bandwidth. Burst Size Specifies how large a burst can be in kilobytes (KB).