Cloning a vApp is similar to cloning a virtual machine.
To clone a vApp, the vSphere Client must be connected to the vCenter Server system.
A host must be selected in the inventory that is running ESX 4.0 or greater, or a cluster enabled with DRS.
- Select the vApp in the inventory.
Complete each page in Clone vApp the wizard.
- Select the vApp destination and click Next.
- Specify a Host and click Next.
This step is available only if you select a cluster that is in DRS manual mode.
- Enter a name for the vApp clone and select the vApp Inventory Location, then click Next.
- Select a datastore and click Next.
- Select a disk format to store the virtual machines virtual disks and click Next.
Same format as source
Thin provisioned format
- Review the new vApp settings and click Finish.