You can change the virtual machine name in the Virtual Machine Name panel in the Virtual Machine Properties dialog box.
Changing the name does not change the name of any virtual machine files or the name of the directory that the files are located in.
- Verify that you have access to the virtual machine in the vSphere Client inventory list.
- In the vSphere Client inventory, right-click the virtual machine and select Edit Settings.
- Click the Options tab and select General Options.
- Type a new name for the virtual machine.
- Click OK to save your changes.