You can add hosts and physical adapters to a vSphere distributed switch at the distributed switch level after it is created.
Before you begin
Open a vSphere Client connection to a vCenter Server.
Verify that you have sufficient permissions to edit a distributed switch.
- Log in to the vSphere Client and select the Networking inventory view.
- Right-click the vSphere distributed switch in the inventory pane, and select Add Host.
- Select the hosts to add.
- Under the selected hosts, select the physical adapters to add and click Next.
You can select physical adapters that are not being used and physical adapters that are being used.Note:
Moving a physical adapter to a distributed switch without moving any associated virtual adapters can cause those virtual adapters to lose network connectivity.
- For each virtual adapter, select Destination port group and select a port group from the drop-down menu to migrate the virtual adapter to the distributed switch or select Do not migrate.
- (Optional) : Set the maximum number of ports on a host.
- Click View Details for the host.
- Select the maximum number of ports for the host from the drop-down menu.
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- (Optional) : Migrate virtual machine networking to the distributed switch.
- Select Migrate virtual machine networking.
- For each virtual machine, select Destination port group and select a port group from the drop-down menu or select Do not migrate.
- Click Next.
- (Optional) : If you need to make any changes, click Back to the appropriate screen.
- Review the settings for the distributed switch and click Finish.