After you obtain license keys, you can add them to the vCenter Server license inventory. You can add multiple license keys at the same time.
Before you begin
Verify that you have theprivilege.
Ensure that the vSphere Client is connected to the vCenter Server system.
- In the vSphere Client, select .
- Click Manage vSphere Licenses.
- In the Add License Keys text area, specify license keys one per line.
You can specify a list of keys in one operation.
- (Optional) : Type a brief label of the keys.
- Click Add License Keys.
If you specify any invalid license keys, you receive an error message that lists only the invalid keys. You can either delete the invalid keys, or add them after correcting them.
- If you are not ready to assign the license keys to assets, click Next through the remaining wizard screens and click Finish to save your changes.
The license keys are added to the vCenter Server license inventory.
What to do next
Assign the license keys to assets that require licensing. You should not keep unassigned license keys in the vCenter Server license inventory.