You can change the output file and schedule the parallel port to connect or disconnect when the virtual machine powers on.
You can use a parallel port on the virtual machine to send output to a file. You cannot use a physical parallel port on ESXi hosts.
Virtual machines can be powered on during the configuration
- In the vSphere Client inventory, right-click the virtual machine and select Edit Settings.
- Click the Hardware tab and select the parallel port to change.
- Select Output to file and click Browse to navigate to the file location.
- (Optional) Deselect Connect at power on if you do not want the parallel port device to be connected when the virtual machine powers on.
- Click OK to save your changes.