After you obtain a license key, you can add it to the vCenter Server license inventory and assign the license key to assets.
Verify that you have theprivilege.
Ensure that the vSphere Client is connected to the vCenter Server system.
- In the vSphere Client, select .
- In the Management tab, select Asset as a primary entity for sorting the license information.
- Right-click an asset and select Change license key.
- Select Assign a new license key and click Enter Key.
- Specify the license key, type an optional label for the key, and click OK.
- Click OK.
The license key is added to the vCenter Server license inventory and assigned to the corresponding asset.
What to do next
Assign the license key to other assets of the same type in case the license key has available capacity.