After you create a user on an ESXi host, you cannot edit the login user name and, on non-English locales, the password for that user.
- Open a vSphere Client session to an ESXi host.
- Log in to ESXi using the vSphere Client.
You cannot create ESXi users with the vSphere Web Client. You must log directly into the host with the vSphere Client to create ESXi users.
- Click Users.
- Right-click the user and click Edit to open the Edit User dialog box.
- Enter a description of the user in the User Name text box, and select the Change password check box to change the password of the user.
Note: You cannot change the host user password on non-English locales.
- Specifying the user name is optional.
Create a password that meets the length and complexity requirements. The host checks for password compliance using the default authentication plug-in,
pam_passwdqc.so. If the password is not compliant, the following error appears: A general system error occurred: passwd: Authentication token manipulation error.
- Click OK.