Copy and paste operations between the guest operating system and remote console are disabled by default. For a secure environment, retain the default setting. If you require copy and paste operations, you must enable them using the vSphere Client.
Power off the virtual machine.
- In the vSphere Client, select the virtual machine.
- On the Summary tab, click Edit Settings.
- Select Configuration Parameters. and click
- Ensure that the following values are in the Name and Value columns, or click Add Row to add them.
These options override any settings made in the guest operating system’s VMware Tools control panel.
- Click OK to close the Configuration Parameters dialog box, and click OK again to close the Virtual Machine Properties dialog box.
- (Optional) If you made changes to the configuration parameters, restart the virtual machine.