ESXi can determine whether a virtual machine should use hardware support for virtualization. It makes this determination based on the processor type and the virtual machine. Overriding the automatic selection can provide better performance for some use cases.
- In the vSphere Client inventory, right-click the virtual machine and select Edit Settings.
- Click the Options tab and under Advanced, select CPU/MMU Virtualization.
- Select an instruction set.
- Use Software for instruction set and MMU
- Use Intel VT-x/AMD-V for instruction set virtualization and software for MMU
- Use Intel VT-x/AMD-V for instruction set virtualization and Intel EPT/AMD RVI for MMU virtualization
- Click OK to save your changes.