Bind an iSCSI adapter with a VMkernel adapter.
Before you begin
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
Create a virtual VMkernel adapter for each physical network adapter on your host. If you use multiple VMkernel adapters, set up the correct network policy.
- Log in to the vSphere Client, and select a host from the inventory panel.
- Click the Configuration tab, and click Storage Adapters in the Hardware panel.
The list of available storage adapters appears.
- Select the software or dependent iSCSI adapter to configure and click Properties.
- In the iSCSI Initiator Properties dialog box, click the Network Configuration tab.
- Click Add and select a VMkernel adapter to bind with the iSCSI adapter.
You can bind the software iSCSI adapter to one or more VMkernel adapters. For a dependent hardware iSCSI adapter, only one VMkernel interface associated with the correct physical NIC is available.
- Click OK.
The network connection appears on the list of VMkernel port bindings for the iSCSI adapter.
- Verify that the network policy for the connection is compliant with the binding requirements.