You can prevent guests from writing any name-value pairs to the configuration file that are sent to the host. This is appropriate when guest operating systems must be prevented from modifying configuration settings.
Power off the virtual machine.
- In the vSphere Client, select the virtual machine in the inventory panel.
- On the Summary tab, click Edit Settings.
- Click Configuration Parameters. , and click
- Click Add Row and type the following values in the Name and Value columns.
In the Name column: isolation.tools.setinfo.disable
In the Value column: true
- Click OK to close the Configuration Parameters dialog box, and click OK again to close the Virtual Machine Properties dialog box.