Enable network resource management to use network resource pools to prioritize network traffic by type.
- Open a vSphere Client connection to a vCenter Server.
- Verify that your datacenter has at least one vSphere distributed switch version 4.1.0 or later.
- Log in to the vSphere Client and select the Networking inventory view.
- Select the vSphere distributed switch in the inventory pane.
- On the Resource Allocation tab, click Properties.
- Select Enable Network I/O Control on this vSphere ditributed switch, and click OK.