The network tasks that you can perform when you connect directly to an ESXi host or vCenter Server system with the vSphere Client are limited.
The following network features are unavailable or read-only in the vSphere Client:
- vSphere vMotion across vCenter Server systems
- vSphere vMotion across large geographical distances
- Network DRS
- DRS anti-affinity rules
- Network I/O control
- Open vSwitch
- Proxy switch autoscale capability
- Opaque networks
- Multi-instance TCP/IP stack and upgrade
- IPv6 support for ESX architecture, NFS 4.1 storage operations, iSCSI, guest OS customizations, virtual datacenters
Use the vSphere Web Client as the primary interface for managing the full range of network functions available in your vSphere 6.0 environment.