The time between when you power on the virtual machine and when it exits the BIOS or EFI and launches the guest operating system software can be short. You can change the boot delay or force the virtual machine to enter the BIOS or EFI setup screen after power on.
Before you begin
About this task
Delaying the boot operation is useful for changing BIOS or EFI settings such as the boot order. For example, you can change the BIOS or EFI settings to force a virtual machine to boot from a CD-ROM.
- In the vSphere Client inventory, right-click the virtual machine and select Edit Settings.
- Click the Options tab and under Advanced select Boot Options.
- In the Power on Boot Delay panel, select the time in milliseconds to delay the boot operation.
- (Optional) : Select whether to force entry into the BIOS or EFI setup screen the next time the virtual machine boots.
- (Optional) : Select whether to try to reboot after a boot failure.
- Click OK to save your changes.