You can override the datastore cluster-wide automation level for individual virtual machines. You can also override default virtual disk affinity rules.
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
- In the vSphere Client inventory, right-click a datastore cluster and select Edit Settings.
- Select Virtual Machine Settings.
- Select a virtual machine.
- In the Automation Level column, select an automation level for the virtual machine.
Option Description Default (Manual)
Placement and migration recommendations are displayed, but do not run until you manually apply the recommendation.
Placement and migration recommendations run automatically.
vCenter Server does not migrate the virtual machine or provide migration recommendations for it.
- In the Keep VMDKs together column, deselect the check box to override default VMDK affinity.
- Click OK.