When you select the Specify Failover Hosts admission control policy, you must also designate which hosts are to be used for this function.
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
- Open the Specify Failover Hosts dialog box from the vSphere HA screen of the Cluster Settings dialog box of the vSphere Client.
- In the Available Hosts pane, select an available host to designate as a failover host.
- Click the >> button to move the host name to the Failover Hosts pane.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each host you want to designate as a failover host.
- To remove a host from the failover hosts list, select the name of that host in the Failover Hosts pane.
- Click the << button to move the host name to the Available Hosts pane.
You can use the hosts designated as failover hosts to support the vSphere HA admission control process.