You can create a host profile from the Host Profiles main view using the configuration of an existing host.
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
You must have a vSphere installation and at least one properly configured host in the inventory.
- In the Host Profiles main view, click Create Profile.
The Create Profile wizard appears.
- Select the option to create a new profile and click Next.
- Select the host you want to designate as the reference host for the new host profile and click Next.
The reference host must be a valid host.
- Type the name and enter a description for the new profile and click Next.
- Review the summary information for the new profile and click Finish to complete creating the profile.
The new profile appears in the profile list.