You view completed tasks and running tasks in the vSphere Client Tasks & Events tab.
- Open a vSphere Client session to a vCenter Server.
- In the vSphere Client, select the object in the inventory.
- Display the tasks for a single object or the entire vCenter Server.
- To display the tasks for a single object, select the object.
- To display the tasks in the vCenter Server, select the root folder.
- Click the Tasks & Events tab.
The task list contains tasks performed on the object and its children.
- (Optional) To view detailed information for a task, select the task in the list.
The Task Details pane displays details such as task status, any error messages in the error stack, and any related events.