You can view the location of the virtual machine configuration and working files. This information is useful when you are configuring backup systems.
- Verify that you are connected to the vCenter Server or ESXi host on which the virtual machine runs.
- Verify that you have access to the virtual machine in the vSphere Client inventory list.
- In the vSphere Client inventory, right-click the virtual machine and select Edit Settings.
- Click the Options tab and select General Options.
- Record the location of the configuration and working files and click OK to close the dialog box.