You can change the percentage of space allocated for host cache or disable the host's ability to swap to host cache.
Before you begin
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
You must have an SSD-backed datastore in your inventory.
- In the vSphere Client, select the host in the inventory.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Under Software, click Host Cache Configuration.
- Select the datastore in the list and click Properties.
- Select a size for the host cache allocation on the drive.
- To disable the ability for the host to swap to host cache on a per-datastore basis, deselect the Allocate space for host cache check box.
- Click OK.