You can enable TSO support on a virtual machine by using an enhanced vmxnet adapter for that virtual machine.
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
- Log in to the vSphere Client and select the virtual machine from the inventory panel.
- Click the Summary tab, and click Edit Settings.
- Select the network adapter from the Hardware list.
- Record the network settings and MAC address that the network adapter is using.
- Click Remove to remove the network adapter from the virtual machine.
- Click Add.
- Select Ethernet Adapter and click Next.
- In the Adapter Type group, select Enhanced vmxnet.
- Select the network setting and MAC address that the old network adapter was using and click Next.
- Click Finish and then click OK.
- If the virtual machine is not set to upgrade VMware Tools at each power on, you must upgrade VMware Tools manually.
TSO is enabled on a VMkernel interface. If TSO becomes disabled for a particular VMkernel interface, the only way to enable TSO is to delete that VMkernel interface and recreate it with TSO enabled.