You can add a vService dependency to a virtual machine or vApp. This dependency allows a virtual machine or vApp to request that a specific vService be available.
About this task
- Display the virtual machine or vApp in the inventory.
- Power off the virtual machine or vApp.
- Right-click the virtual machine or vApp and select Edit Settings.
- Click the vServices tab.
- Click Add.
- In the Add Dependency wizard, select the provider for this dependency and click Next.
- Enter the name and description for this dependency.
- (Optional) If this dependency is required, select the check box and click Next.
Required dependencies must be bound before powering on.
- (Optional) If this dependency should be bound to the provider immediately, select the Bind to provider immediately check box, and click Next after the validation is complete.
If you choose to bind this dependency now, the validation result displays. If the validation fails, you cannot complete adding the dependency. Deselect the check box to proceed.
- Review the options and click Finish to create the dependency.